Monday, March 03, 2008

Hectic Random Thoughts

What a whirlwind of a weekend. I haven't posted after mine and Sweets dramatic outburst on Wednesday night. I was so miserable on Thursday, refused to talk to him and was quite prepared to call the whole thing off. We finally spoke about everything on Friday night. I think we just got way ahead of ourselves and ended up losing the plot totally. I am the type of person who will analyse things and issues and try to understand and make sense of them and only than can I put it to rest. The reason for our fight - the number of guests to invite to the wedding. It was so petty where our emotions got the better of us and ended up having a screaming match instead of talking about it like level headed, rational adults that we are.


So everything is back on track - touch wood....


The date's been set for the engagement in 2 weeks time. On Saturday we trudged the malls and boutiques looking for a decent outfit to buy. It has to be pretty but not too fancy, elegant but not too over the top. It was hectic and the fussy gal that I am - I just couldn't make up my mind. It was fun - I was with my cuz and her two girls and my mum. We finally ended up buying something on Saturday night a really pretty Eastern outfit that just fit perfectly. Yesterday was spent at Sandton City again with the girls and it was such fun. It feels like a whirlwind and things are just happening at lightning speed. I am excited and a little scared. I get butterflies in my tummy whenever I think about it. It is just too overwhelming at times. But the plannings on track and soooo hectic.

Sweets a.k.a T and I have been together for what feels like forever. We know each other and understand each other like nobody else can but there will be new things that we will learn about each other as we go along. The outburst on Wednesday night was uncalled for - but we discussed the issues and both came to a compromise. I have so much growing up to do.

I am just sooo tired and exhausted from sleep deprivation and to top things off - I started in my new position today. I am trying to juggle 10 things all at once.

Oh and Ex-Boyfriend tried to chat me up again last night. He is like a total loser and really just irritated me all over again. What I ever saw in him is beyond me. I haven't spoken to him in yonks and than out of the blue he texts me and wants to know how I am and if I am single so we can go out sometime. Talk about a one in a million in your dreams sort of question and answer. He is one weird dude who really needs to get a LIFE.... Lol.

Pheeew I am so glad that Monday is almost over. It's like this whole day I have been flitting from my old department to my new one. Luckily it's in the same building otherwise I think I would have passed out by now. There is just so much to get through at the moment and even though I am loving it all - the butterflies keep coming back like little fluttery tufts that make me get all nervous inside - Im such a cliche - I know....

2 comments:

Sweets said...

i'm never getting married again, too much pressure! glad everything worked out and remember...

ENJOY THIS TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!

Zee said...

Thanks for the advice...

Im trying lol (bangs head in stressed frustration) lol