Thursday, March 06, 2008

Frustrated and Clueless

Warning - Complaint Post Ahead

I have this urge to complain. I know that these feelings will probably pass and I am trying to be optimistic but for now I want to complain.

I was appointed in my new position on the 31st of January 2008. I signed the docs and the position was regarded as filled. Although it was an internal move, I was still required to serve a month's notice. My new department had 4 freaking weeks to sort out the logistics and admin regarding my move. But what's been done. Absolutely Nothing.

I walked into my new office on Monday morning only to find the cupboards full of crap of the last person that left. Okay fine - I cleared it all up. I hate clutter and at least it gave me a chance to personalise my own stuff. I still don't have a PC or a phone. I am still sitting in my old department and every freaking person that walks past wants to know why am I still here, what am I doing here etc etc etc. Can't they understand that I don't have a computer to access mails etc. And to top it off - it's not that I don't have work to do. I have been given work to do - so how in the world am I supposed to do it without a freaking PC. And they don't know when it's coming.

I am feeling very frustrated at the moment. Also their way of doing things has come to a huge shock to me. Yes I understand that there will be a learning curve, I come from a department that is totally different although it is within the same field. But I have not been formally introduced into exactly what I am supposed to do. I would have assumed that my boss would have sat with me and explained the workings of her department - but she did no such thing. I must admit though that she seems really nice but a bit all over the place.

I am feeling this huge disconnect and feel as though I am in the dark. I have been getting queries and its a question and ask excercise which is a little frustrating. I know that this is how i will learn but what about some kind of formal or even on the job training. I come from a department that is very structured and organised and there are specific plans in place to enable a new starter's onboarding.

know that it has only been a few days and I should find my feet soon - but I just feel so damn CLUELESS.............

Tag From SleepyJane:

What is your occupation?
Corporate Junkie

~What are you listening to right now?
Avril Lavigne - When you gone.

~Can you drive a stick shift?
Errm Yes

~If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Hopefully the brightest crayon in the box

~Last person you spoke to on the phone?
T

~Do you like the person who tagged you?
Yes

~Favorite drink?
Coca Cola - what a question.

~What is your favorite sport to watch?
Tennis

~Have you ever dyed your hair
Yes

~Pets?
Yes. Dogs and an African Grey Parrot

~Favorite food?
Pasta and Obviously Indian Food

~Last movie you watched?
The Holiday

~Favorite day of the year?
Ummm im not sure

~Favorite toy as a child?
My doll

~Fall or Spring?
Spring. Cos Summer comes next and I just love Summer

~What kind of pie?
Chicken and Mushroom... Yummy

~Living arrangements?
I live at home.

~What is on the floor of your closet?
A Million and 1 shoes

~What inspires you?
Lots and lots and lots of things.

~What are you afraid of?
Creepy Crawlies

~Favorite car?
A Mini Cooper ST

~Favorite day of the week?
Friday Obviously

I’m supposed to tag you guys but all who read this - consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

Sweets said...

that does sound horrid~ i think you should take your old pc and take it to your new office... that'll get somebody's attention ;)

Zee said...

lol....

Ya that should do it...

It is so frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Gah! I hate that feeling. I hope your boss comes 'round and set some goals for you. It's never nice to fell like you're 'hovering' without really knowing what the hell is going on. So good luck with that!

Great tag! Loved 'The Holiday' too.