Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Irritable

I woke up this morning with a feeling of dread and foreboding. The day hasn't turned out so bad except that I am feeling pretty out of it. And to top it all - T and I just had an argument. I know its my fault, I am irritated and I did start the whole dramatics - but if you think that I will admit to it - oh no I wont. I am in a pissy mood. Have been since I woke up this morning.

I had a blissful weekend. I got to wake up late, languish around the house and just chill. Except for Sunday when I spent the day with my cuz who's idea of fun was to traipse the China Mart like a fat kid on a cupcake. Its almost as if she went beserk and ended up buying all sorts of crap, junk rubbish for the kids. It was really irritating. We eventually ended up at some bazaar/fete sort of festival happening in Mayfair and I bought 2 gorgeous pashminas that are perfect for Winter.

I am feeling very overwhelmed with work. I know that its a new job and it will take time to adjust and adapt - but I am feeling very disconnected and to be honest alone. I am snowed under with tasks of which I don't know where to start with. It is becomming very frustrating. The business partners that I have to work with are grumpy, arrogant assholes that don't know how to say please or thank you. I have had enough experience dealing with high level execs and managers, some grumpy, some cool. In the end I have always managed to win them over and get their buy in. But not with this bunch - they are a bunch of drama queens who are rude and mean and ugly. They are not friendly or welcoming at all. I think I am just tired of this company and all the politics and drivel that go with the field that I am in. I am seriously looking at entering the job market - God knows I could do with a lot of extra cash....

I am venting - I know. But after a really great weekend, it just put a damper on my spirits....I am feeling very demotivated and to be honest quite alone. I have nobody to vent these feelings to and I dont want to sound like too much of a drama queen myself.

I am really hoping that things will get better.....

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

ooer i HATE that feeling!!! like something's going to happen and you dunno what it is!!!

{{belated hugs}}