Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday

So the office christmas function is almost planned. I just have to organise to pay the lady and organise the drinks. We having a little secret santa thingy and last year it was really fun. Although I must admit that the gift that I got, I went and exchanged it for something else. Oops sorry. I know that its the thought that counts but come on it was really something that I wouldnt use.

Im so glad that its Friday. I had my interview with my boss yesterday. It's funny being interviewed by your boss. There is no way you can bullshit, cos she knows every little thing about you. But anyway i thought it went well. However it was only a screening interview and there is probably going to be another one next week, this one being the biggie, cos its with the hiring manager. Im not really too worried, cos I applied for this position on a whim and if i dont get it, it wont be the end of the world. However I do need to decide where I want to go, what I want to do and what sort of career path I want to take. I sometimes feel very despondent. I went to university for 4 years, am an honours graduate and a professional person affiliated to a professional council, I am not working in the field that I studied in and I sometimes wonder if all my studies were all for nothing. However I started this job in the hope that I would gain some work experience, cos we all know that you can have a million degrees, but if you dont have any practical, hands on experience, you are somehow stuffed. And experience I have gotten. And not to mention the salary which has grown substantially over the past 3 years. So yeah - I guess I shouldnt complain too much. Its all about finding that direction.......

Im looking forward to the weekend, even though I dont really have anything planned. T is off to a wedding tomorrow and Sunday he has some other family do planned. In a weeks time, he will be off overseas for 6 weeks. I know it will probably fly by, but I will miss him tons, tons.....

No comments: