Tuesday, November 27, 2007

6 Weeks and Counting

I havent blogged in a while. Been really busy with what else but work. Things are really hectic and I hardly find time for anything during the day. To top it all I have to present next week at a workshop that we having. I have to come up with a project that I would like to work on and see to completion. It can be anything and does not have to pertain to our department. I really need to get my head around it and think of something that will not only be unique but will also add value.


Friday is our year end function. Our number has grown from an initial 35 to 65. I think it will be cool, the more the merrier right. However the rest of our team isnt so sure. Infact they are a bit irritated that another department is sommer just gatecrashing our party. Im not too fazed about that. Im more panicked about the weather. I dont know what is up with it lately, its like the weather has suddenly gone potty. I mean yesterday it was a glorious summer's day and today its like cold and rainy and downright miserable. So if Friday morning dawns with pouring rain, I will be royally stuffed. I really need to come up with plan B. But where, how, when? It's really short notice. Please, Please God pleeeeeze dont let it rain.... It can begin to pour on Friday evening - I really dont care....



T sms'd me this morning and told me that he is only coming back on the 7th of January. They have had some change of plans. My first reaction was that he was lying. I honestly think that he is lying. See he is like that - he will do that just to see my reaction and will crack up laughing eventually. I sms'd him back telling him that I dont believe him and that he is lying - but his replies have been pretty serious and he wouldnt joke about something like that for so long. I dont know why but I suddenly feel really sad. I miss him so much and the 7th is like soooo far away. Its like another 6 weeks away. Anyway there is nothing I can do about it. At least we text each other - so that is like such a bonus. I do miss him terribly cos there is only so much one can say in an sms. We had a serious conversation last week with regards to him wanting to make things official between us, as in getting engaged. In my culture we do things a little differently. Getting engaged means a huge glamourous affair, with lovely food and pretty clothes. A part of me is really excited, but there is this part of me that also feels a little scared. I keep thinking back to last year and how pear-shaped things went when the whole getting married issue came up. Im scared that things will go awry again. I am trying not to think too much about it until its all official and everyone knows about it and I mean my family when I say everyone. But it is exciting and I cant help but feel a little excited....

I just miss him soooo soooo much....

No comments: