Monday, February 11, 2008

Sleepy

Its Monday afternoon, boy am I glad that this day is almost over. After lunch I honestly felt like I was going to pass out. I had this tired, drained feeling and all I wanted to do was find a bed and sleep. I slept badly last night - in fact I don't know what was wrong with me. I went to bed at a reasonable hour and than tossed and turned and didn't sleep a wink until freaking 1am. It's frustrating lying awake in the dead quiet of the night as the hours roll by and you realise that you have to be up for work in a couple of hours. And the fact that Sweets and I had some minor disagreement didn't help much. I felt tortured....

Tomorrow is my mum's birthday and I got her the spa vouchers. I am so chuffed. It was a bit expensive - but who cares, my mum so deserves it. I so love spoiling her. I so hope that she likes it.

I met my long lost friend S yesterday. I made her come and visit me and even though it was for a short while - it was fun. The two of us share so many memories that it was great to sit and reminisce about long way back. She was my shoulder to cry on when I would rock up at her door with teenage angst and tears and misery written all over my face. I really missed her when I moved away from the little dorpie that I grew up in and it was lovely seeing her again. I have caught up with her during the past few years, but it's different when you live far away. Anyway it was great seeing her again and after a good few laughs she was on her way home. I must admit though that hearing all the gossip and skinder stories kind of made me feel a little disgusted. But that is what small town people do. They sit at home and gossip about everyone. Something that is soooo beyond me....

That said - I hope that this week goes by much better than the last. I'm crossing my fingers about a certain something - just hope it works....

No comments: