Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Rant and Rave

I feel as though I am sifting through this mass of emotions, cases of losers, feelings of uncertainty, joy, happiness and confusion all rolled into one. It's like dealing with admin but only this is Life Admin. I need to focus on the important stuff and kind of forget the little niggly's and buggings.

I feel that there is so much to do before I leave here. Also the pressure doesn't seem to be letting up and things are just mounting. I have tons of deadlines and funny enough, now that I know that I am leaving it's as though everything irritates me and I can't wait to leave. I don't want to slack and not be on top of things. Than I have one staff member who makes Donald Duck look intelligent. She is so giddy and strange. I am shocked at her lack of knowledge. When we interviewed her, she assured us that she was proficient on all the Microsoft packages, had done admin tasks before etc. However she doesn't even know what CC on email is. One has to repeat tasks to her 10 times and half the time she is running around like crazy trying to get things done. Yes I know, she needs patience and coaching and mentoring - but we hired someone to do admin, she is highly educated in terms of a degree but there is nothing to show for it. I try and have patience with her, explain things to her - but you can imagine my frustration at showing her something 10 times and she still gets it all wrong...

To be quite honest - I cant wait to leave here. Its like everything just irritates me. All I ever do is complain.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone! It'd irritate the heck out of me too!

When is your last day?

*hugs*

Zee said...

Hey....

my last day is the 29th of Feb. I cant wait...

Thanks for the hugs