Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fate, Destiny.....

So -
I told my boss today that I would like to apply for the position and funny enough she knew about it. Maybe that's why she was looking at me strangely this week - hmmm not sure. But you know how people talk and I did tell the hiring manager for the position that I would inform my boss. Well anyhoo - she said she wouldn't stand in my way and as soon as it's advertised I should let her know so that she is aware....

So 2 hurdles down - a few more to go. The position wasn't filled during the restructure and my boss has given me permission to apply so now all I have to do is wait until its advertised and me thinks that it will only happen in April once the restructure is completed. And than I have to apply and go for the interview and than who knows.......

Still crossing fingers and toes like crazy.... I know I shouldn't think too much about it but it is something that I so want to do and so within my career plans..... I want it so badly.

Pheew today was a long day and I so can't wait for the weekend. I have no real plans but at least I get to sleep in late. T and I had an argument last night. Something about priorities. I proceeded to give him the cold shoulder the whole of last night and we kind of made peace this morning but I still have to have my say tonight. I have to get it off my chest otherwise it will just fester and brew and that's not good at all. I feel him so sorry at times but he really needs to stand up for himself where his family is concerned. I know that it's his family but still hello. Don't they think. They just expect him to be at their beck and call for everything. It irks me to no end. He on the other hand in my opinion doesn't know any better.

I must admit that I am feeling really positive after the chat I had with my boss. I also went and got feedback regarding my psychometric evaluation that I did last year. Why they just don't give me the report is beyond me but anyway the profile isnt't bad - I was expecting far worse lol. It's good so that shouldn't be a problem regarding my scores. Still I am nervous and worried. I want it so badly and sometimes when I really, really want something - it doesn't happen. Than again whatever is mean't to be will be right....

3 comments:

TheDivorcedMuslimah said...

I so hear you about hubby being taken advantage of by family...I thought it would get better since we got married, but no such luck!

All the best with the job...Insha-allh, if it was meant for you, it'll be yours!

Enjoy sleepimg in the weekend!

Zee said...

Hey CQ - thanks for the message....

As for in-laws, I so believe that they belong on another planet....

Blue

AngelConradie said...

The new job is sounding more and more promising!
I had psychometric testing done whilst I was with my previous employer. The results really suprised me, it almost seemed to me that I was so focused on my job at the time- which I was good at but wasn't what I wanted to do- that it clouded how I responded to the test and gave me a very different result to what I was expecting.