Friday, May 08, 2009

Update

I have been meaning to update my blog this whole week but to be honest I am really not sure where the week has gone to. I have been super busy - with what - I really am not sure. I felt quite depressed coming in to work on Monday morning. The holiday feeling was over and it was time to get serious.

My weekend in Durban was OK! Nothing wow infact at times pretty dismal. I just sucked it up and made lemonade out of the lemons that were aplenty. We left on Thursday afternoon and got to Durbs at around 9pm. The traffic was horrendous and it took forever to get there. T's family have just purchased a holiday home in the South Coast of Durban. To be quite honest I am not sure what possessed them to buy a place like that. It is in a townhouse complex, has 3 bedrooms, an open plan dining room and kitchen, one bathroom and a little yard. It is shabby and looks old and there is a lot of work to be done. I just feel that for the kind of money that they spent, they could have bought something more modern. I wonder what drove that decision.

Unfortunately that's how his mum and sister are. They probably thinking they bought a place so luxurious that it rivals a top hotel. It was cramped and I told T that it feels like I went camping for the weekend only difference there was a toilet and bathroom available. We really had to rough it up and I made up my mind on the day that we left - I wont be coming down here in a hurry. I said a silent prayer hoping that I wouldn't have to come back here again.

Besides the place being really crappy, the company was even worse. Their family dynamic is really weird. They are mean to each other, criticise whenever they see fit, argue and bicker all the time and still believe they are one big happy family. It was quite startling to watch T interact with his family. He prefers to stay quite and not say anything. The bickering can be quite annoying and my MIL's high handedness can be trying at the best of times. Ok but there were a few moments when T and I went off on our own so it wasn't all that bad. But - Family Holidays with the in-laws are just not for me.

This past week hasn't been that bad. Usually there are a million complaints and although I feel a tad bit positive I am scared to feel this way because there are always things that go wrong when you least expect it. This job has proven to be frustrating and rewarding at the same time. A bit tiresome if you ask me.

I'm glad it's the weekend......

No comments: