Wednesday, May 13, 2009

S.S.S

The more things change the more they stay the same. Work has been really crazy for me lately and although I have had some serious wins, the complaints are still around. Luckily for me I have proof, so I want to see the look on their faces but that's just how the cookie crumbles around here. They usually just shrug and say Oh Well. Instead a sorry I misunderstood etc would be more welcoming. I will however contine to try harder. I have to - even though many a time all I want to do is throw the towel in.

I am seriously on the look-out for an avenue that will allow me more flexibilty. I would like to have children pretty soon and I don't want to be away from them doing a nine to five day and only coming home at night all stressed out from the horrific day that was. However I don't want to also just sit at home doing nothing. I find myself getting quite stressed about that. I hope something works out pretty soon. I guess there is no such thing as a cookie cutter recipe for life. So I am hoping that things will fall into place. And with the stresses that really irritate me around here, I hope something happens sooner rather than later.

The Band and I watched 17 AGAIN on Sunday. It was brilliant - I am not sure when last I laughed so much. I would love to go and see Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past. Matthew McConaughy is my all time favourite and I love his movies. Hmmm will have to make time soon. I am invited to a Moulin Rouge theme party this weekend. It's some girls 21st birthday and I am invited along with MIL and the Band's sister. I feel like feighning an illness. I don't know the chick, infact neither do they. She is the niece of one off their acquaintances. How do you even know what to buy someone whom you've never met. Crumbs - How do I get out of this one.

As for stuff happening in the land of all things Blue and Sunflowery - I am just too stressed out at work and I am seriously wishing for a reprieve. Oh and that Winter seems to be here with a bang and I am wishing that I could be on some island with lots and lots of sun, sea and sunshine....

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Oy. There's nothing that annoys me more than being invited to the birthday party/wedding shower/baby shower/wedding of a vague acquaintance. They may as well send out a list and say, "I don't really know you, but we've met once or twice, so maybe you'll feel flattered enough by my invite to buy me something."