Monday, June 30, 2008

Sleepy Hello's

I am back in the land of the living. I spent the entire week last week buried under the covers. I was ill. Ill as in the flu ill. It was awful and horrible and not mention really nasty. I haven't felt so sick in a really long time. To be honest I am still not 100% ok - but I have to be fine right.


I have never slept so much ever. I always tell T, who by the way loves to nap and sleep during the day that I can never. The world will pass me by if I spend time sleeping during the day. He can't stop laughing at me telling me that the world has passed me by cos I spent 4 days in bed. Hmmm to be honest the way I was feeling I seriously didn't care if the world changed and I wasn't there to witness it.


I came in to work on Friday which was a mistake. I dragged myself in only to feel really awful and ended up leaving to go home early. Honestly it's made me lazy. I keep feeling that I now have to get in the groove of things again. But I think that's what made me ill. I have been at it like the duracell bunny just going on and on with no stopping. And now I feel like I have to recharge my batteries cos I just don't have the energy to get going again. Spending a whole week in bed sleeping does not do much for one's energy levels.

I woke up this morning with a feeling of dread and doom and gloom. I think changing jobs twice within 4 months is challenging and to be honest I am a little scared of my new role. My new boss is super cool and funky and I really like her but she is scary in a sense. She believes in me and I think that is what scares me. What if I screw up and end up letting her down. That is for me the scariest and is kind of overwhelming me at the moment.

Here is to new beginnings and hopefully happy endings. There are 5 months left until my wedding. If that isn't scary than I don't know what is....

2 comments:

ExMi said...

good luck for your new beginnings:)

Zee said...

Hey...

Thanks... Glad you back.

Blue