Thursday, February 04, 2010

I was robbed....

I was robbed yesterday afternoon. I was on my way home from fetching my brother at medical school when we were accosted by 2 thugs who demanded we hand over our cellphones. My brother A and I were travelling home in peak hour traffic with cars all around us when these 2 guys waltzed over and started screaming for us to hand over our phones to them.

We were stuck in peak hour traffic, it was sweltering hot outside and my window was open. Enough invitation for them to strike. A guy casually strolled towards us and when i tried to close my window he put his hand onto the car door jamming the window from being rolled up. Another guy than came from the back and started screaming in my face to give him my phone. Guy #1 than turned the key in the ignition so that the car switched off. I obliged although at that minute all I wanted to scream back was hell no. They than asked for my brother's phone and as they continued screaming for it, I told them to not do anything he is giving it to them. They than ordered us to drive off and they ran off.

It was a horrible experience. As I drove away I burst into tears and couldn't even drive home. My legs had turned to jelly and I battled to keep control of the car. It might not have been bad where they pulled weapons on us or where we were injured but the whole experience has left me quite unhinged today. It made me feel even more vulnerable than I already am. The whole experience made me really miss T and the fact that he doesn't even know that this has happened to me makes me feel even more crap. I wonder if he will even care.

I won't give up and I wont loose faith. I cannot loose faith now. I cannot. As for my phone getting stolen - its only a phone. It could have been much worse. So to the 2 thieves who thought that they could so callously walk over to my car and steal my phone. I don't care......

3 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Oh thats so dreadful and scary!! I am SO glad you weren't hurt!

Cassey said...

Oh man that sucks :( Glad you guys didn't get hurt, hope you're feeling a bit better too.

Caz said...

That is AWFUL!!! i am so sorry :(
Stupid arrogant awful thugs!