Thursday, August 07, 2008

Catch Up

I am exhausted. I can't believe that tomorrow is already Friday. It's as though the weeks whizz by and I know that before long it's going to be my wedding day. There are days when I can't wait to be with T, to live with him and spend all my time with him. Yet there are days when I get a little scared and antsy about the future. T has such wierd parents and they just seem so strange. I am not marrying them right but it's not like they are going to go away or we are going to live in a different city to them. I also am going to miss my family like crazy. My eyes well up sometimes when I think about it. We share such a strong bond and a relationship that only the 4 of us can understand. I know that I will miss that the most.

I'm not really blogging about anything in particular. I find myself pressed for time these days. There is just so much happening in my world that I hardly have time to blog anymore. I miss it though. I have to admit that I am loving what I am doing. I love my new boss. She is so cool and sassy and fun and at our one on one today she told me that she is just loving having me in her team. It made me feel really great. I love being in her team too. She is really supportive and is putting me up for challenges that is really stretching me. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed but I am really enjoying it. If someone had to ask me about this role last year I would have scoffed at it and said I would hate it. But this is what you get for trying. If I didn't heed her advice and applied I wouldn't have known what it would be like. Im loving it.

It's my cousin's wedding on Saturday. She is such a bridezilla and I am quite interested to see her antics on Saturday. The last few months have been an endless array of fussings from her side that I am very curious about her. I hope it all goes well for her and all their plans and preps come out beautifully. Im not really looking forward to the weekend though. We leaving early on Saturday morning for the North West province (of all places), the wedding is on Saturday night and than on Sunday we come back to Jhb for another function that her husband and them are giving. So yeah there goes my entire weekend. At least we booked into a hotel for Saturday night and not just crashing at my aunts place. When my cousin S got engaged we stayed the night and the next morning ended up having a very cold shower and no fruit juice for breakfast. I'm complaining I know.

At least I get to leave early tomorrow. I am going to have something weird done with my hair - hope it works and comes out looking pretty....

Im just so glad that the week is almost over. As T likes to say its Quarter to Friday....

3 comments:

Sweets said...

bridezilla mwhahahahahahaha classic!

AngelConradie said...

and!!?! how was the wedding? how did your hair look?

Anonymous said...

bridezilla made me nearly wee my pants.

did you have a good time at the wedding?